Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bacon wrapped turkey

So this year the turkey was my job so I decided to switch it up a little. This year I was making a bacon wrapped turkey. 

First I put the turkey in a brine. This brine consists of water, juice of 3 lemons, some salt and some maple syrup in a five gallon bucket. I soaked the turkey in there for 24 hours before I started. 

The night before Thanksgiving I took the turkey out of the brine and dried it off. I stuffed it with onions celery and carrots. For the bacon I weaved 2 bacon weaves and put them in the freezer for 20 min. 
When I took out the bacon I rubbed it with a mixture I made by whipping 1 stick butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup together. 
 

Then butter side down I layed 1 bacon weave on the back of the Turkey. Then I flipped it over and layed the bacon on on the front side. 


Without a lid bake the turkey on 350 until the bacon looks done then pull it out, put tin foil on it and bake it for the rest of the time needed to cook the turkey. When it is done let it sit for 30 min before cutting into it. 

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment