Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My first blog

Hello,
I started this blog for my stepson, Isaiah.  He is only ten years old, but is one amazing kid.  He is very smart, polite, and adventurous.  He has a curiosity for the world and understands things that most people don't get by the time they're 30.  I have had the pleasure of knowing this fantastic little boy since he was 4 and I am truly amazed by the things he has taught me.

Since Isaiah has been old enough to see over the counters, he has been cooking.  His dad is a chef, so he started teaching Isaiah about cooking as soon as he could.  When he's at his moms house he plans all of the weekly meals, cooks them, and cleans up the mess.  He's gotten so good at cooking that we made him a cookbook and his own cooking channel on YouTube that you can check out here. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtIm_POMCvkyJ_sUMm5vnoQ?feature=guide
Lately, the little man has been making some pretty impressive cakes.  He is slowly acquiring all the 
tools he needs for his cake decorating hobby.  As he has been making cakes for every holiday, I 
suggested that he start a blog to document them all.  He thought that was a pretty good idea,
so we thought we would give it a try.  I realize he is only ten, so me and all of his parents will be 
monitoring his blogging activity.  We ask that comments are supportive and G rated at all times.  
We thought a blog could be a great community of people that can offer advice and information on 
how to create awesome cakes. This is mine and his first attempt at blogging, so please bear with us 
as we figure it all out.  
 Happy baking! 





2 comments:

  1. I am speaking on behalf of myself and my four clients...
    This cake was DELICIOUS! My clients ask for the "coconut cake" for snack all the time now but it will definitely take me awhile to whip something like this up. I guess you will have to make more so I can share yours with them :)
    Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog, enjoyed my visit. I am sure you will be a famous chef when you get older - good luck.

    ReplyDelete